Corporation Tax

If your business is liable for Corporation Tax, you must tell HM Revenue & Customs and file a Corporation Tax return online, you must also pay any Corporation Tax electronically.

External Resource

1 min read

Your Corporation Tax rate depends on how much profit your company makes and may change on April 1 each year.

Taxable profits include:

  • trading and investment profits (except dividend payments which are taxed differently)
  • capital gains

Corporation Tax rates

There are two rates of Corporation Tax depending on how much profit your company makes - the small profits rate and the main rate.

If your business makes a profit somewhere between the two limits, you may be able to claim Marginal Relief.


Find out how to pay Corporation Tax on the GOV.UK website

Learn more

You might also be interested in

Digital tools & techniques to identify customer trends

Keeping an eye on customer trends in your sector can inspire innovation and help you to identify growth markets and emerging products or even spot untapped demand. Here we outline some useful digital tools and techniques to track trends.

Upgrading your website – a checklist of what to consider

Find out what you need to consider when switching your website to a different website building platform such as Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix.

Finding new customers with digital marketing - a route map

A key concern for many small businesses is how to find new customers. Find out which digital channels are the best fit to help your business.