Business Gateway Edinburgh offers a variety of support to new and existing businesses in Edinburgh. The support we offer is delivered on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council and they include the following funding schemes and services:
Business Loans Scotland
This fund is for businesses with commercially-viable proposals who may experience difficulty in raising all the required funding from the usual commercial sources. To discuss funding requirements please visit the Business Loans Scotland.
The Council has a range of services that are useful to new start businesses. These include:
- Environmental Health - Free advice and training on food safety, health and safety at work. Call 0131 529 3030, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the City of Edinburgh Council website.
- Licensing - Find out if your business needs a license to trade and how to apply. Call 0131 529 4208, email email@example.com or visit the Edinburgh Council website.
- Business Rates (Non-Domestic Rates) - For information on the billing and collection of business rates call 0131 469 5746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Edinburgh Council website.
- Product Testing- Scientific Services provides a wide range of laboratory testing and scientific advisory services for businesses and the public. Call 0131 555 7980, email email@example.com or visit the Edinburgh Council website for more details.
- Trading Standards- Free business advice and trading on product safety standards. Call 0131 529 3030, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Edinburgh Council website.
Trade waste is any waste or recycling produced by any type of business, regardless of size. For advice on how to dispose of your business waste legally visit Edinburgh City Council or call 0131 529 3030.