Business Gateway West Lothian offers a range of support to new and existing businesses in the area. These include:
Business Loans Scotland
This fund is for businesses with commercially-viable proposals who may experience difficulty in raising all the required funding from the usual commercial sources. To discuss funding requirements please visit the Business Loans Scotland or call 01506 283 260.
You can get a grant to start a registered childminding business. The loan is to meet the Childcare Commission's requirements for registration as a childminder. Anyone starting a registered childminding business in West Lothian is eligible to apply. To find out more visit the West Lothian Council website.
West Lothian Council has a range of services that are useful to new start businesses. These include:
- Environmental Health and Trading Standards - They enforce a range of consumer legislation through inspection of trade premises, testing equipment, sampling goods and investigating complaints. Call 01506 282 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Licensing - Find out if your business needs a license to trade and how to apply. Call 01506 281 632 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Planning - Guidance on all the aspects of the planning process. For more information call 01506 282 456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Rates - For information on the billing or collection of Business rates call 01506 776 982 or email email@example.com.
- Commercial Property - The council provides a search facility to help businesses find property to suit their needs. Call 01506 283 285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on these services call 01506 777 400 or visit the West Lothian Council website.